- Michael D. Facchini is the owner and practicing attorney for approximately 19 years.
- Michael Facchini employs 2 legal secretaries.
- Michael Facchini specializes in workers compensation, car accidents, dog bites, slip and fall accidents, personal injuries, criminal defense and breach of contract cases.
- Michael D. Facchini, FACCHINI LAW FIRM has been located at 728 Liberty Street, Springfield, MA since January, 2013. Attorney Michael D. Facchini owns the building and property.
- Michael D. Facchini has a degree in Wildlife Biology from Umass, Amherst (1993), a law degree from Western New England University (1998) and nearly completed his teaching certificate from Umass, Amherst. Michael D. Facchini taught biology and other sciences at a Special Needs private school in Holyoke and taught science as a substitute teacher in the Springfield, MA high school system from 1993 through 1995. His background allows him to be well rounded and approach each case with a unique focus on the client’s needs.
- Attorney Michael D. Facchini has been written up for winning significant workers compensation cases, a Discrimination case and a car accident case in the Massachusetts Lawyer Weekly.
- Michael D. Facchini practices the type of law in that he has never forgotten his humble, middle class raising by his mother on the Hungry Hill section of Springfield, MA in treating all of his diverse clients with the up most respect each deserves, providing each client the individual undivided attention each case deserves and client expects and giving the best to reach a fair settlement and resolution for each client’s case, first, over any self-interest.
- Our motto, ‘Where Client’s concerns and honesty comes first” is practiced for all and derived directly from Michael Facchini’s integrity and promise.
Car Accidents Information
- If you’re involved in a car accident with an injury and the other party is at fault, under Massachusetts law you’re entitled to be compensated for your injuries, pain and suffering, and medical expenses by the insurance company for the driver that caused the accident.
- A car accident injury monetary settlement compensation will depend on the type of injury, medical treatment, medical expenses, age, and whether the injury is permanent or temporary.
- When involved in a car accident, if you are able, you should immediately take photos of the cars’ locations at the time of the collision, photo of the other driver and car’s license plate, call 911 and DO NOT move your cars until you have either taken photos or the police have arrived on the scene. If there are any witnesses, get their full name, address and cell number.
- Your insurance rates will not go up when you are involved in an accident and you’re not at fault and/or when you’re not more than 50% at fault.
- After an accident, you should report it to your insurance company or insurance agent, and you are not required to provide a recorded statement. If your company wants a recorded statement, you should notify it that any statement will be given through your attorney.
- You are NOT required to speak with the person’s insurance company who caused the accident and you SHOULD NOT.
- You should contact FACCHINI LAW FIRM to discuss your accident, injuries and legal rights as soon as possible following the accident. The initial meeting with the Attorney is free.
- In Massachusetts, if you are injured in a car accident and retain an attorney, the standard legal fee is 33.33% of the settlement and deduction of necessary related costs.
- When you retain Michael D. Facchini, FACCHINI LAW FIRM, you get him and his legal secretaries that will personally handle every aspect of your case, answer all your questions, fully advise you of all your legal rights and seek to get you the fairest settlement for your injuries.
- If we are unable to reach a fair settlement, you always have the legal right to file a lawsuit and have a jury decide your case.
- At FACCHINI LAW FIRM, I always advise my clients of their legal rights, whether the settlement is fair and reasonable and whether a lawsuit may or may not be in their best interest. Our client’s concerns and interests always comes first.
- When you retain FACCHINI LAW FIRM, we handle every aspect of your case- from the property damage, wage loss, medical treatment and medical expenses and answer all your questions in a timely manner. We become your voice and best advocate against the insurance company.
- Once you retain an attorney, all communication to and from the insurance companies are required to go through the attorney. There will be no more communication from the client to the insurance company or the insurance company to the client. It is your attorney’s role to zealously advocate on your behalf and to deliver peace of mind to every client.
- A settlement for a car accident injury is money for the injured person’s injuries, past, present and future pain and suffering and lost wages, if working and lost work time.
- A settlement for pain and suffering is not taxable.
- When in a car accident you have up to $8K in medical coverage under your own policy and your rates will not go up if you are not at fault for the accident.
- If involved in a car accident and the other driver fled the accident scene or the driver did not have insurance, you’re ENTITLED UNDER YOUR OWN POLICY to recover for your injuries with a pain and suffering monetary settlement. If your insurance company is not fair with its settlement offers, you can force an Arbitration for the fair settlement amount to be determined by a judge. Your rates DO NOT GO UP.
- When injured at work, you’re ENTITLED TO medical treatment.
- When injured at work, you’re ENTITLED TO Lost wages, which can be either total disability benefits or partial disability benefits, depending on your injury, type of work, age, education, work experience and extent of your disability.
- If you sustain a permanent injury, which is called: Loss of Function, you are ENTITLED to be compensated for it based upon the percentage of function lost.
- If you sustain a scar on your face, neck, or wrist, you are ENTITLED to be compensated for it based upon the length of the scar, severity of location, and appearance.
- YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED to pain and suffering compensation when involved in a work accident only.
- If you are involved in a work accident caused by someone outside your employment (ex. Car accident while you’re working or third party caused the accident while you’re working) YOU ARE ENTITLED to BOTH WC benefits and Pain and Suffering Compensation against the Third Party. YOU HAVE 2 SEPARATE CLAIMS in this type of situation: Work injury Claim and a Personal Injury Claim.
- In a Worker’s Compensation (WC) Case, your Attorney fee is paid by the insurance company when any claim is won.
- If you settled a WC Claim for what is called a LUMP SUM, which is wage loss payments made in advance for usually several to many years, the Attorney fee is 20% of the settlement. Lump Sums generally DO NOT occur until AFTER an injured employee has been placed on total or partial disability benefits.
- If you are totally disabled, you can collect 60% of your Average Gross Wages for up to 3 years.
- If you are partially disabled, you can collect 60% of your Average Gross Wages for up to 5 years.
- If you are totally and permanently disabled, you can collect 66% of your Gross Wages for life.
Immediately After you are Injured: Things to Do
Free consultation with Attorney Michael Facchini – No pressure or commitment to anyone who seeks legal advice regarding a work injury.
Injured at Work? You’re entitled to hire an attorney at no cost to you to secure your lost wages and medical treatment. The Insurance company pays all attorney fees and costs related to a claim on behalf of an injured employee, when the claim is won. If the claim is not won, no attorney fee is owed. Attorney Michael Facchini, FACCHINI LAW FIRM, has a winning record of 99% for work accidents.
Under the workers’ compensation law in Massachusetts, all injured employee can seek treatment with any physician they choose. You are not required to be treated at the employer/insurance company’s referred medical facility.
- When injured at work, you have the right to fill out an Incident Report and must do so to protect your future legal rights to benefits. You have the right to a copy of the Incident Report and any document you sign, a witness signs, or an involved party signs. GET A COPY.
- Always report your work injury to your Supervisor and Document any witnesses and involved parties. Take photos – SAVE A COPY for your own records and for your Attorney.
- You have the right to go to a Doctor of your own choosing and DO NOT have to be treated at the medical facility referred by the Employer.
- You have the right to an Attorney of your own choice and there is NO FEE out of the injured worker’s pocket to retain a Lawyer to fight for your workers compensation rights.
- You DO NOT have to provide a recorded statement to the Worker’s Comp Insurance Company.
- You DO NOT have to provide a written statement to the Worker’s Comp Insurance Company.
- You DO NOT have to have the Worker’s Comp Insurance Nurse attend your medical appointments and SHOULD NOT.
- You DO NOT have to speak to the Worker’s Comp Insurance Company AFTER you hire a lawyer.
- Once you hire a Lawyer, ALL COMMUNICATIONS on the injured person’s behalf will go ONLY between your ATTORNEY and the Workers Comp Insurer.
Personal Injury Cases